Learn how SIM-Networks experts transferred the systems of our partner company ITSG, a system integrator, to the cloud. We will share how we deployed the company’s corporate tools in private cloud infrastructure in 5 business days.
What tasks did the client need to solve?
The company had 40 employees who had been working with 2 outdated physical services. The client had relatively few basic corporate services: an ERP system, an email service and a file exchange server.
- carry out the migration of corporate services to the cloud to increase performance;
- leave room for scaling the infrastructure;
- set up reserve copying for the data;
- ensure compliance with modern requirements towards security;
- increase the availability of the email service.
We used VMWare ESXi, a hardware-based hypervisor, to create virtual machines on a physical server. The infrastructure had to be built based on specialized high-performance equipment that can handle heavy workloads. We offered the client to deploy 6 VMs based on Windows Server 2016 with the following roles:
- domain controller for user & access rights management;
- MS SQL 2016 data base server + ERP server;
- terminal server for access to the client part of the ERP, the files and the Microsoft Office 2016 apps;
- file server for setting up the data storage structure;
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 email server for organizing corporate emails and maintaining a company-wide schedule.
The configuration of virtual machines in the cloud: