CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) divisions have been created around the world to protect government information and telecommunications systems from malicious intent:
- intentional damage or slow down, stop;
- unauthorized access and misuse;
- violations of the availability of systems for users, confidentiality, and data integrity.
The reason for the response was massive cases of cyber attacks by individual criminals and organized groups. Most often, these are:
- launching programs that paralyze the operation of Internet nodes ("network worms");
- DDoS attacks, etc.
The task of CERT is to prevent damage and mitigate the negative consequences of incidents related to computer security. The team of specialists is engaged in:
- development and dissemination of recommendations for hazard prevention and harm reduction;
- indications of identified vulnerabilities in hardware and software, sending notifications to operators and providers;
- collecting information about criminal activity on the Internet, warning the authorities about impending threats.
Note: DDoS - Distributed Denial of Service. It manifests itself as a distributed server attack with false "client" requests from many directions, using the so-called "botnet" from infected computers. Users of such computers may not initially be aware of the scenario of their use for DDoS by attackers. The goal of the attack is to cause a “denial of service request” on the victim server, due to exceeding the allowable workload on this host.
For information: since our company works on equipment in data centers in Germany, we receive notifications from the CERT-Bund division.
If CERT-Bund informs us about suspicious traffic through the IP addresses of our clients, or the emergence of new cybersecurity threats, we send notifications to clients that list:
- identified incidents related to the consumed service;
- the sequence of actions, and necessary protective measures in each case.
Please pay attention to this. For more information, please contact: https://www.sim-networks.com/en/customer-care